NCYC @home in Philly in 2022
Once again, we are delighted to bring home a one-day youth conference in the spirit of the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) done by the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM).
- Date: Saturday, November 19, 2022.
- Doors open at 8:30 am. The program begins at 9:00 am. The day will conclude with Mass at 5:10 pm.
- PARENTS PICKING UP TEENS AT END OF DAY are invited to come and join the Mass! They will be directed to sit in a “parent/family” section of the Theatre.
- Mass will be celebrated by Archbishop Pérez
- Location: Immaculata University at 1145 West King Road, Immaculata Dr, PA 19345.
- Parishes are responsible for the transportation of their youth and adult volunteers to and from this event.
- Registration opens on October 3, 2022, at 4:00 pm and ends on November 1, 2022
- Your parish will be invoiced 2 weeks prior to the event for all registered participants. Invoices are based on the number of youth and adult chaperones registered NOT the number that attends.
- You may revise the number of participants up to the registration deadline.
- Cost and Payments: The event is $35 per youth and $20 per adult chaperone.
- *EARLY BIRD “SPRINT” REGISTRATION from October 3 to October 10 available! If you register within this timeframe, cost is $30 per youth and $15 per adult volunteer.
- Meals: Box lunches will be provided.
- We highly encourage groups to bring their own snacks. The OMY is looking at the possibility of providing a supplemental snack for the day. This is not a guarantee.
- Ministries could eat outside picnic style if the weather is nice! Feel free to bring a blanket to eat on the campus grounds.
- Permission/waiver forms:
- Group leaders are to carry their youth permission forms on the day of the event.
- Please note that photography and videos will be taken throughout the day. These will be used by the OMY in various ways not limited to social media and/or future promotional material. Completion of photography/video waivers for the event is required.
- OMY permission/waiver form coming soon.
- Responsibilities of Adult Chaperones:
- Adult chaperones are responsible for the participants within their group, their behavior, and any regular medical needs.
- Adult chaperones are responsible for carrying any medications or medical equipment that pertains to the needs of their registered youth participants.
- All adult chaperones must be in good standing and have completed each of the Archdiocesan-required clearances/background checks. Please contact the OMY if you have any questions or need clearances information.
- Moments of the Day: Like last year, our day will feature a variety of opportunities for your youth!
- Breakout sessions for teens. All will be on a first-come basis. Breakout sessions for adults will also be offered.
- Adoration and the Vigil Mass – both will be presided by Archbishop Pérez
- NCYC Culture: Hats, trading materials, and clothespins are still “the thing”.
- Fun hats are HUGE at the National event! Groups choose hats that are “homemade” or purchased to wear as a group.
- Bring items to trade with others! These can range from religious cards, rosaries, past event t-shirts, and fun shockies. We will provide teens with limited trading items so we definitely encourage you to bring your own.
- Wooden clothespins are all the rave! Youth write inspiring messages, tags to their ministry social media, and more. They “secretly” pin them on others without them noticing it. It’s quite fun!
*We encourage you to continue to stay tuned to this page as more details will be shared as we draw closer to the event date, including the schedule and presenter lineup.
Click here to download the flyer. It includes a space to provide the parish contact information (adult organizing youth).
If you did not experience the day last year, we invite you to check out and share our three videos below!
NCYC @ Home in Philly teaser video
NCYC @ Home in Philly – From the youth themselves
NCYC @ Home in Philly – Our Day